Mary Jo Kennard
1979 BFA University of Texas at Austin
A native Texan, she lived for 25 years in the commuter suburbs of Washington, D.C., and the eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, near Harpers Ferry. She received a Bachelor of fIne Arts Degree from the University of Texas at Austin, with a minor in Art History. In addition, she has studied with New York painter Janet Fish, and portraitist Daniel Greene… and years of mentoring from an award– winning Art Student's League, NYC. graduate, James Kline, of Maryland. She is a member of the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts in Hagerstown, Maryland, the National Museum for Women In The Arts, Washington, D.C., the Arts League at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, Virginia, and The Austin Visual Arts Association.
Her paintings are in private collections in Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, Arizona, Minnesota, Illinois, Ohio, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, California, Texas, and Sweden.
Juried & Invitationals Shows:
- ART.WORK AUSTIN | 2017
- AVAA ArtSpace, Austin | Monthly Group Show 2017
- Studio 2 Gallery - Austin
- The Morton Street Gallery, Richmond, Texas
- The Eyes of Texas Gallery, San Marcos, Texas
- Modern on Main in Buda, Texas
- The Inaugural Buda Fine Arts Festival
- Gallery 222, Leesburg, Virginia
- The Artists' Museum in Washington, D.C. – Solo Exhibit
- 2000 Special invitational exhibit during Arab/Israeli Peace Conference in Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- The Cumberland Valley Artist Exhibitions at the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts in Hagerstown, Maryland
- The Boarman Arts Center in Martinsburg, West Virginia
- The Gallery at Matthews and Shank, Shepherdstown, West Virginia
- The Touchstone Gallery in Washington, D.C.
- The Art League Gallery at the Torpedo Factory in Alexandria, Virginia
- The Huntington Gallery at University of Texas at Austin